2001 Marquis Question (please) - Is the ashtray/lighter area supposed to be illuminated??

I have never owned a car that does not illuminate the ash tray. I have looked in the owners manual and there is no reference for a replacement bulb. I took a quick look around the slide out (ash
tray/lighter drink holder) assembly and did not see a light.
Is there a light for this area I am missing or burned out that I overlooked, or not!?!
THANK YOU! I appreciate any help.
I don't know if it has a light. but if its the ash tray with the side cupholders on it I would imagine it does not have a light simply because of the distance it pulls out from the dashboard.
The 2003 eliminated the nice little clock that was set in the woodgrain trim panel, now the clock is part of the radio display.
I have a 98, I'm pretty sure we have a light there and illuminates the cigarette lighter. When the cup holder's out, the light shines through to the floor somewhat.