2001 Mercury Sable electrical problems

I have a 2001 sable that began draining the battery overnight. I changed the battery and then noticed what is happening. It seems like the ignition switch is still on. When key is turned off and removed
the alarm still rings when door is opened, the radio stays on, and when the electric locks are locked, they pop right back open. Windows were left down some during rain, and I felt like lock oir window switches may have shorted. But I don’t understand what that has to do with the ignition switch. Now I feel like computer may need to be reset or programmed. Any advise?
βœ–
bad door ajar switch

Add pictures here
βœ–
SOUNDS LIKE THE IGNITION SWITCH ITSELF IS SHORTIMG OUT, (THE CONTACTS ARE REALLY CLOSE.)TRY REMOVEING THE IGNITION BODY SHORTING SHOULD BE EVIDENT BY SMELL AND BURNING AROUND PLUG-IN ASSEMBLY.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@AutoForumz.com says...

Could be a sticky door-ajar switch. It's built into the latch. The most common fix is to spray some WD40 into the latch, and open/close the door a few times.
-- If there is a no_junk in my address, please REMOVE it before replying! All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!! http://home.att.net/~andyross
Add pictures here
βœ–