2001 Mondeo Electric Windows Query, Confused....

Hi there, as the subject says we have a 2001 Mondeo 2.0TD LX 5 Door

Last night the battery gave out on me, and have now fitted a new one. But some things the car used to do, no longer work...

When pushing the "windows up" button fully on the door, the windows used to close automatically without the need to hold the button - this no longer works, but it still works fine when opening the windows.

Also, holding the UNLOCK button on the keyfob automatically opens all the windows, but holding the LOCK button no longer automatically closes the windows, as it used to.

What has gone wrong?

CONFUSED :$

Thanks

Reply to
demontraitor

By any chance did you install the battery yourself? If so, did you put the negative cable on last? If not, you could have screwed up your body security module (BSM for short). It sounds to me like the "auto up" feature has been burnt out of your BSM. I would take it to the dealer and have them attach an IDS or WDS to your car. IF they can command the windows up and down through IDS or WDS, then I it might be a relay gone bad..

Ford Tech

Reply to
Ford Tech

Thanks for your reply - I think I may have done such a thing - what an ar$e I am.

Reply to
DemonTraitor

Fixed the problem...

Holding the window-up or window-down buttons for 5 seconds will teach the car to auto-close or auto-open.

Clever Mondeo!

Reply to
DemonTraitor