2001 Taurus Radio Fuses

I am looking for the fuse or fuses that are for the radio on a 2001 Ses Taurus. It has the 6disc CD changer system in it. I checked the online manuals

and i could not find a radio fuse listed.

Reply to
TCS

Due to the rather weird split-up radio system, there may be several. Remember that the main radio is in the trunk. The integrated control panel (the display, buttons, and cassette player) is just a control panel that communicates with the radio (Rear Control Unit.) Most of the fuses that appear to be used are shared by many other components. If everything else works, it may be the radio itself, or some other connection related to it.

Fuses 11 (15A), 16 (15A), and 27 (10A) in the passenger compartment fuse panel appears to supply power to various aspects of the integrated control panel.

The Rear Control Unit appars to get power through fuse 17 (20A) in the battery junction box (located under the hood.) This is the only fuse that appears to be unique to the radio/cd changer/cell phone adapter.

Do you have the owners manual? That should list the fuses and their locations.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann