2001 Town Car Questions

I'm considering buying a 2001 Lincoln Town Car, from a private seller. Old guy died, kid is selling the car. Car looks great, low mileage, etc.

Problem is, they have only one set of keys. Kid doesn't know where the other keys, manuals, paperwork, etc. are.

Does the ignition key (car has only one key for both) have a chip in it? How difficult / expensive is it to get another key and a keyfob?

What about the key for the wheellocks? How easy it is to get that if it's not in the trunk?

There's a keypad on the door. How could I get the combo for that?

Any think else I'd need?

Thanks!

Reply to
ftres

ote in message

Haven't seen too many lincolns sitting around with no wheels... they aren't that nice... get them off there and replace them with 4 stock wheel nuts ;P

Reply to
Picasso

ftres wrote in news:92cb5a78-6456-4e2a-badd- snipped-for-privacy@o15g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:

You can get a duplicate ignition key made at a locksmith. Most good ones have the code reader to get the code just like the dealer. I thought you had to go to a dealer but found out different. I have a 2002 Taurus which I only got one key with. Took about 10 minutes and cost $55. I bought a key fob on line for about $25 bucks and it came with the info and I programed the extra fob myself. HTH

Reply to
tango