2001 Windsar Cylinder Numbers

My Windstar (V6)has a misfire on cylinder 4. Anyone know which location this cylinder is? I wanna try replacing the plug on it first in order to rule out
the wires. Thanks.
Rob
Right (passenger side) front bank...

this
out
It is distributorless ignition isn't it ? If it is, then wouldn't it be front bank middle cylinder.

Rear bank, right (passenger) to left (driver) - 1, 2, 3
Front bank right to left - 4, 5, 6.
Doesn't matter if it has a distributor or not (2001 Windstar is DIS). The only Fords with odds on one side and evens on the other are the diesels.

rule
So, just to be clear, it's the cylinder nearest to the windshield wash reservoir?

Jim Warman wrote:

And the only reason that is true is that the current US diesels engines aren't really Ford engines.
I do think Ford numbers V engines the wrong way. But then it was the way Henry wanted it and I suppose he was the original king of V-8s (if not the first to build them).
Ed
nope, ford has the cylinders numbered properly. it the rest of the guys that got it wrong.

The
Tim wrote:

You are thinking Ford numbers cylinders like GM and Chrysler. They don't. Ford numbers 1-2-3 down one side and 4-5-6 down the other. Thus, the previous poster had it right (as usual).
Ed