2001 Windstar auto door locks

Can any body tell me how to disable auto door locks. I've tried some combo of unlock button that supposed to do ford pickups but it won't work on my van. There is no wire to cut behind the glove box either. The dealer wants $70 to do it on his computer. Help please

Reply to
High Pockets

According to the manual for the 2000 Windstar, this has to be done by the dealer or with the Remote Entry Keypad, if equipped. The auto lock/auto unlock work together.

These are the instructions if you have the Keypad:

Activating/deactivating autolock with the keyless entry system Before following the activation or deactivation procedures, make sure that the anti-theft system (if equipped) is not armed, ignition is off, and all vehicle doors and liftgate window are closed.

  1. Enter 5 digit entry code
  2. Press and hold 7/8 control
  3. Press and release 3/4 control while holding 7/8 control
  4. Release 7/8 control. The horn will chirp once if autolock was deactivated or twice (one short and one long chirp) if autolock was activated. To re-activate autolock, repeat steps 1-4.
Reply to
Earl F. Parrish

I started the reply after reading the 2000 manual but downloaded the

2001 manual to update the information before sending the message. I forgot to change the year to 2001. The 2000 manual does not mention the Keypad method.
Reply to
Earl F. Parrish