2001 Windstar Transmission Problem

In past couple of months, our 2001 Windstar SEL began having what looks like transmission troubles. When traveling above 40mph, I hear a noise that sounds
like the van is going over rumble strips. It only lasts a second or two and happens randomly. There is a slight shudder and than everything is fine. Has anyone have similar problem with their Windstar?
Another possibility I thought could be the ABS kicking in due to some malfunction. The van is equipped with ABS and Traction Control.
Saurin
Saurin Shroff opined in

You're going to have to have the codes read out.
Like you, I would guess a pickup malfunction or wiring to it could be the cause, but that's just a guess.
is there a switch to disable TC?