2001 Windstar Transmission Problem

In past couple of months, our 2001 Windstar SEL began having what looks like transmission troubles. When traveling above 40mph, I hear a noise that sounds like the van is going over rumble strips. It only lasts a second or two and happens randomly. There is a slight shudder and than everything is fine. Has anyone have similar problem with their Windstar?

Another possibility I thought could be the ABS kicking in due to some malfunction. The van is equipped with ABS and Traction Control.

Saurin

Reply to
Saurin Shroff

Saurin Shroff opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@conversent.net:

You're going to have to have the codes read out.

Like you, I would guess a pickup malfunction or wiring to it could be the cause, but that's just a guess.

is there a switch to disable TC?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic