2002 Escape Floor Mats

I'm looking to replace the floor mats in an '02 Escape. I don't want to pay dealer prices but I want something equivalent to the Ford mats and not the solid plastic ones.

Does anyone know of any good sources?

Thanks,

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Believe it or not, I got some fairly nice and inexpensive ones at Wallyworld that are dark blue carpeting and rubber (my '02 'scape is True Blue Metallic- how's that for a paint name?). With a little trimming, they fit as well as the originals. There are trim lines on them, so it doesn't look tacky. Actually, I put them over the originals for that added layer of protection. After almost 10 years and 80K miles, my interior looks almost as good as it did new, with the exception of some wear on the driver's seat (leather seats). This is only my second set of the floor mats, and they've probably got another two or three years until I ditch them.

Reply to
SC Tom

that are dark blue carpeting and rubber (my

trimming, they fit as well as the

put them over the originals for that

looks almost as good as it did new, with the

second set of the floor mats, and they've

Ours is black with the gray floor mats. The front ones are in really bad shape, so they need to be replaced. Do the ones at Wallyworld have the grommeted hole in them to keep them from sliding forward?

Thanks,

Bob

Reply to
Bob

that are dark blue carpeting and rubber

little trimming, they fit as well as the

I put them over the originals for that

looks almost as good as it did new, with

second set of the floor mats, and

Mine don't, and I don't recall seeing any that did. But by putting mine over the factory mats, they don't move enough for it to be a bother. I straighten mine up about every month or two at the most.

Reply to
SC Tom

After several years, the stock mats in my 2005 Escape wore through at the driver's heel.

I was going to buy replacements from Ford, but while I was there for service, I walked next door to Target, with my floor mats in hand.

The Ford mat on the passenger side has a cut in it to fit the floor properly, but I bought a front/rear set at Target that fit fine. I forget if I trimmed them or not. I didn't bother with the slit.

The driver's side doesn't have the grommet hole, but the whole mat has little spikes on the bottom, and there is very little movement.

Reply to
dold

Thanks for the info!

Bob