2002 escape transmission need advice.

MY 2002 FORD ESCAPE FRONT WHEELE DRIVE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION WILL NOT PULL IN DRIVE WILL PULL IN LOW ON AND OFF I TOOK IT TO A SHOP THE GUY TOLD ME IT NEEDED REBUILDING ITS GOING TO COST 2,059.00$thats with a 2 year or

24,000 miles warranty its a 150$ less to go with 1 year 12,000 miles does all that sound about right? HELP!!!
Reply to
SHOES1

That sounds about right for the shop. A lot of profit for the shop doing the work Transmission shops, especially the chains, have a reputation for suggesting that transmissions be rebuilt for a lot of different things that don't require rebuilding.

Unfortunately, we can't tell what is wrong.

What you can do is take it to someone else and see what they say. Also, take it to the dealer.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

after i let the shop do the work of rebuilding the trans. how can i tell if they did what they say they were going to do also the drum is busted are at least thats what the shop says?

Reply to
SHOES1

One way would be to ask for the old parts in return.... unfortunately, there would be no way of knowing whether these old parts came from your transmission or not without anything to compare them to....

On the flip side, what on earth are you doing going to a shop that you, quite apparently, don't truxt? If the shop is "bad", people should stay away in droves and let the place whither and die. If the shop is good, then they will be paying good people good money to keep the shop good...

We wouldn't go to a doctor we don't trust, or butcher or barber....

Reply to
Jim Warman