2002 escort sputters

Hello I own a 2002Ford Escort . My car sputters at stops but only w when its been driven and the car is warm.At stops I accelerate and the car pauses then a jolt and it goes. I know nothing about cars and Iam lost .

Reply to
theflyfam

Could be be more specific on the noise? Have you noticed an overall loss of power lately? Do you check your air filter regularly? How many miles are on the car? Is the car a stick shift or an automatic? Is this a california car with california emissions controls? Has the car been maintained well? i.e. regular oil and filter changes. Have you put in fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank every 3,000 miles?

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

Thanks for your reply .Thereis no noise ,yes there is a loss of power.As for the air filter I check it but I dont know what I'm checking for , if I can see to much grime I change it.My car has 94,547 miles,the car is an automatic.Now as for the fuel injector cleaner I had been putting it in when ever I thought about it ,but I couldnt tell you how often. As for the oil change well,I try to do it as instructed by the manuel but sometimes I may be a little late by about 1000 or so miles,BUT I do change it reg.the last time I went to the local Theres one more thing I forgot to mention yesterday as I was driving home the car just shut off .The radio stayed on and the steering wheel did not lock ,It started right back up. So can you HELP?

Reply to
theflyfam