2002 Focus SE Wagon info needed

Hello,
Recently bought this wagon with 36,600 miles on it. It has the Zetec 16 2.0L 16 valve engine.
Since every car has their specific problems and after surfing the
net for reviews, etc. while looking for used cars it was like I didn't want to get anything. My wife did like this wagon for a variety of reasons and I didn't see too many horrible reviews so we got it.
Question is, what kind of problems have any of you experienced with this model? I did see that 2000 Focus models had some major brake problems. Did Ford remedy that problem by the time the 2002's came out?
In general, how is the engine and transmission been for this model?
Any info would be greatly appreciated (hopefully I don't hear too many bad reviews). We generally keep our vehicles for quite some time so I'm hoping this one doesn't end up with too many problems.
Thanks, Jeff