2002 Ford 250 Diesel / Engine Missing??

My truck has over 120,000 miles and I have not had any problems until now. I keep thinking its water in my fuel, but I have been putting the appropriate additives and draining my fuel and my truck continues to
miss and sometimes even turn off. Does anyone have any suggestions or information at what might be causing my problem or solutions to fix the missing. Is it water in my system and I just have'nt gotten it all out?
Thanks for any advice or suggestions,
Rob

have you changed the fuel filter?? KB
--