2002 Ford Econoline van blowing out spart plugs?

Has anyone had any problem with a spark plug blowing out of the head on 2002 Ford Econoline can. This is a v8 and this morning we found it with a blown
out sparkp[lug. The dealer says it requires a new head and maybe more once they tear it apart. It only has just over 100000 kms. on it. Jim
Sad to say, this is a problem on the SOHC motors.... Ford does not condone the use of thread inserts (they can effectively change the heat range of the spark plug - yes, it happens.. if you need I can explain) and the dealer will want to replace the head to preserve the Ford backed warranty. I have heard that many independent shops have used thread inserts successfully. Bear in mind that I probably wont hear of any of these repairs going bad since no one wants to admit it.
If this were my truck, I would likely proceed with the thread insert but I would pay close attention for the first few thousand miles to any abnormal or unexpected noises/conditions.

Did you happen to see this? http://tinyurl.com/4t4zm Good Luck
On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:30:09 -0500, "Jim McCrory"

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 05:19:19 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aracnet.com (RWS) wrote:

Got more hits when I spelled right. Might also see this http://tinyurl.com/4atp9