2002 Ford Escape ABS Light

I have a 2002 ford escape about 50,000 miles and the ABS light has begin to come on. Sometimes its off and sometimes its on. any idea what to look for?

Reply to
john kish

We have an '02 Escape as well. Ours is an XLS 2/FWD and apparently it doesnt have ABS. Is yours a XLT/4WD? R

Reply to
Rudy

According to the owner's manual:

The ABS warning lamp in the instrument cluster momentarily illuminates

when the ignition is turned to the RUN position. If the light does not

illuminate momentarily at start up, remains on or continues to flash, the

ABS needs to be serviced.

With the ABS light on, the anti-lock brake system is disabled and normal

braking is still effective unless the brake warning light also remains

illuminated with parking brake released. (If your brake warning lamp illuminates, have your vehicle

serviced immediately.)

I think I'd have the ABS system checked. If it stays on, then goes off, you've probably got a component going bad, or maybe just a loose wire somewhere. It's usually cheaper to catch these things early. SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom