2002 Ford Taurus Possible Ignition Switch Problem

I have a 2002 Ford Taurus. Pulled out of the grocery store parking lot the other night, stopped at a stoplight, and when the light turned green, accellerated away and the car died. Put it park and recycled the ignition key, nothing, Cycled again and still nothing. I waited a few minutes and tried again and it started. Drove it home and parked it in the garage. Getting ready to go somewhere a couple of days later, started the car and went back in the house. Came back 10 minutes later and the car had died. Cycled the ignition key several times and finally got a connection and it started. I then shut it off and I've not been able to start it since. All accessories appear to work ok. When turning the key all the way to engage the starter, nothing. Not even a click. Accessories still have power, just doesn't seem like there's a connection in that part of the switch system allowing power to run the starter. Battery charge tested full. My first thought would be the ignition solenoid (if that's what you call it) on the column (plugs into the back of the key housing) needs replacing, but with all the sensors on this car, I'm afraid of something else being the fault and wasting my money. Do any of you readers have experience with this kind of trouble on the Taurus?

Reply to
bill_flett

You buy one of the worst pieces out there and want it to run like a Toyota?

Shame.

Reply to
Bob H

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!