2002 taurs headlights

Have a headlight that is out. Is it a bulb or does the whole unit have to be replaced? If a bulb it is the passenger side and how the h--- do you access it?

--
Jim Wunsch
Falcon Foam

Try looking in your owner's manual. Mine (for a Contour) describes where they are and the part numbers.
Jeff

says...

If it's anything like my 2000, it's pretty simple.
Unscrew one screw holding the headlight assembly in place. Pull up the two straps that hold the back in place. The whole assembly will come out. You can unplug the connector if you want to work away from the car.
Unscrew the holder/water seal over the bulb. I think the bulb itself also twists a bit before you can pull it out. It's a standard halogen capsule bulb. Most any place that sells headlight bulbs should have a reference chart if you don't have the owners manual.
To replace, just reverse everything. If you are careful, no re-alignment should be needed.
While you are at it, you may also want to replace the turn signal bulb. On mine, the amber coating is flaking off.