2002 Taurus Cold Vent Problem

I have an 02 Taurus and in really cold weather like now the driver's side dash vent blows cool almost cold air when the cabin operating temperature is reached. When I start the car on a cold morning the engine warms up and heat comes evenly from all dash vents. If I set the ATC to 68 degrees the temperature on all dash vents is the same until the cabin temperature reaches 68 degrees then the left side driver's vent starts to blowcool or cold air. If I raise the temperature setting to say 70 degrees then all the vents again blow warm air until the cabin reaches 70 degrees and then the left side driver's vent blows cool or cold air again. I mentioned this to the dealer and they said that is the way they are designed, the way the outside air is blended in the system? It is so cold sometimes I almost have to wear a glove on just my left hand. Wonder if there are any remedies out there??

Reply to
Tegethoff

How about closing that vent manually.

Reply to