2002 Taurus Lights Adjustment

How hard is it to adjust the highbeam headlights on a 2002 Taurus? They seem to be adjusted way too low for night driving. Are the high beams integrated into the low beams?

It uses a single bulb with two filaments. You can't separately adjust high and low. Also, you can only adjust height, not side-to-side.
This is the procedure from the service manual: 1. Make sure the vehicle is on a flat, level surface with a wall or screen approximately 7.6m (25ft) in front. 2. Mark a 2.4m (8ft) horizontal reference line, or use masking tape, on the wall or screen at the height from the ground equal to the center of the headlamp height from the ground. 3. Open the hood. 4. Turn on the low beam headlamps so that they illimate the wall or screen. 5. The horizontal edge of bright light should be located below, but also touching, the reference line on the wall. If not, use a Phillips head screwdriver to turn the vertical headlamp adjuster clockwise (down) or counter-clockwise (up) until the beam correctly aligns with horizontal reference line.
Indeed, the headlights came aimed FAR too low for safe driving!! I took mine down a dark flat road one night to adjust mine. Just as I was finishing, the local fish and game guy wanted to cite me!! There's more to this story, but I got my lights adjusted! To be fair to other drivers, I did ensure that the ights weren't adjusted too high by walking a good way down the road to boresight the beams.
says...

What 2002 Ford Taurus are you talking about. The headlight is a module plastic assembly held in place by a 8mm screw and two metal strips stuck thru plastic loops and front grill framing. The up/down adjustment is by a 4mm socket over the threaded rod at the top rear of the aassembly.