2002 Taurus OEM tires

Planning to look at a used 2002 Taurus SEL wagon tomorrow. Anyone know what the OEM tires on that car were (16" wheels). It's supposed to have enough milage that they've probably all been replaced, but good to
know to try to judge the useage.
Mike
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

I think Ford has been using 'Continental Touring Contact AS' tires for a few years, size P215/60R16 94T. Very horrible tires with no bad- weather grip and no performance (they squealed if you even THOUGHT about going around a corner!) I had to carefully feather the throttle in the wet, and the car was dangerous in snow. I replaced them with some Firestone Affinity LH30's. Dramatic improvement, with little change in ride comfort.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I doubt they have been replaced... unless it's got over 65,000 on it.
No one, with any sense, runs their tires near-bald anymore... the tread lasts longer than the carcass.
I have had very good luck with Goodyear Viva touring
you pay..DEAL with it!
snipped-for-privacy@yaywho.com says...

Mine had barely 30,000 on them when I replaced them. They still had another 20K or so left on them, but they were starting to leak, and were never any good.
FYI Check out tire "tirerack.com" This will tell you what was original and what should be used now.