2002 Taurus Wagon: Tailgate lock and remote ...

Suddenly one day I noticed that my tailgate lock was not responding to the remote. What are some of the common causes of that ?
Thanks,
-RS-

Is there an internal electric release? If so, does that work?
says...

the
The button on the driver side door, that operates all locks ... no longer has an effect on the tailgate lock.
It almost has to be the lock motor in the tailgate. Check to see if you have voltage at the leads to it when you push the lock button. If it's getting power, you'll have to replace the lock motor.
CJB
says...