2002 Taurus water damage to blower?

Hello Anyone have any information on a factory memo or recall regarding 2002 Taurus water leakage at wiper bay, shorting out blower for heat/ac? Thanks

Reply to
mossrite

Ford Service Bulletin number 15873.

mike

Reply to
Michael

Uhmm.. thanks Mike but what do I do with that information. I tried to search on the web for "Ford Service Bulletin number 15873" with no luck.

Reply to
mossrite
15873 is NOT a ford TSB number,memo number recall number. A ford tsb number would read something like 92-12-5 the 92 indicates the year of the article, 12 indicates the book number and 5 indicates the article number in the book. I do not have a listing of the latest TSB's with me only part way through 2002. The tsb could be in a later publication, even in a different year such as 2003, or 2004.

I would suggest you check with your local Ford dealership and ask them if they could look up the TSB for you.

I personally do not remember one on that subject but that does not mean my memory is not faulty.

You should also check to make sure that the intake, located under the cabin filter, or as some call it the pollen filter is not cracked. If the part of the plenum fresh air intake that sticks up is cracked it will let water into the system and usually flood the floor as well.

If this does not help let me know and I will get my other CD that covers up to 2004 to see if a later TSB exists.

JL.

Reply to
BARRY PENIGHETTI

Mike has no clue, here is the recall.

COMPLIANCE RECALL

03C03 Certain 2002 and 2003 Model Year Taurus and Sable Vehicles Windshield Replacement

Frank M. Ligon Director Vehicle Service and Programs Ford Customer Service Division

Ford Motor Company P.O. Box 1904 Dearborn, Michigan 48121

March 2003

TO: All Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealers

SUBJECT: Compliance Recall 03C03: Certain 2002 and 2003 Model Year Taurus and Sable Vehicles Windshield Replacement

AFFECTED VEHICLES

Certain 2002 and 2003 model year Taurus and Sable vehicles built at the Atlanta Assembly Plant, on the 3rd production shift only, from October 29, 2001 through April 27, 2002.

COMPLIANCE CONCERN

In a limited number of the affected vehicles, the windshield may not be properly secured, which may result in a non-conformance to the requirements specified in Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 212 - Windshield Mounting. If the windshield is not properly secured to the body, wind noise, squeak/rattles or water leaks may occur. Also, potential loss of windshield retention may reduce occupant protection in the event of an accident.

SERVICE ACTION

Dealers are to install, or have installed, a new Carlite windshield on all of the vehicles involved in this recall. This must be done on all of the affected vehicles in your inventory as well as vehicles that have been delivered to customers.

PLEASE NOTE

Correct all vehicles in stock before delivery. Federal law requires dealers to complete any outstanding Compliance Recall service before a new vehicle is delivered to the buyer or lessee. Violation of this requirement by a dealer could result in a civil penalty of up to $5,000 per vehicle.

ATTACHMENTS

Attachment I: Administrative Information Attachment II: Labor Allowances and Parts Ordering Information Attachment III: Technical Information QUESTIONS?

Claims Information:.........................................1-800-423-8851 FSA VIN List Support:...................................1-800-555-9601 Other (Dealer Only) Recall Questions:................1-800-325-5621

Copyright © 2003 FORD MOTOR COMPANY Published By: Recall/Service Programs Department Ford Customer Service Division

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Reply to
Thomas Moats

TSB 03-15-6

Some info here:

Andrew Rossmann

FYI, the following is from the NHTSA Office of Defects Investigation site. If the service bulletin number does not refer to a Ford number it's not my fault. BTW, Tauruses and Sables for several model years have been plagued by cowl leaks, mostly at the cabin air filter location, but I don't think this problem has resulted in any recalls.

Make: FORD Model: TAURUS Year: 2002 Service Bulletin Number: 15873 NHTSA Item Number: 637730 Summary Description: SUBJECT REGARDING A WATER LEAK CONDITION AT THE COWL AREA OF THE VEHICLE.

*TT

mike

Reply to
Michael

One TSB; one recall for water leaks. The recall was what I posted for windshield replacement, that is a direct result of NHTSA investigating the water leak, many people may consider it the same thing as water penetration from the cowl of cabin filter. The water leak is only a symptom, and not the reason for the recall. The windshield is a structural part of the body and the installation was flawed on some vehicles, that is the reason for the replacement. Crash safety. The TSB is for modifying the cabin filter. TSB # 03-15-6

Reply to
Thomas Moats