2002 windstar fuel gauge stuck, then worked, then engine light came on

We just bought a 2002 windstar in October. We filled our gas tank a couple of days ago and the fuel guage wouldn't register the new gas in fact it sank below the original 1/4 tank we had before filling up.

Then as we were driving the engine light came on. We kept driving home and then the fuel gauge snapped out of it, and worked, but the engine light is still on. (we thought it was the emissions light because that is what the manual called it, however later I was reading toward the end and the emissions light is also called the engine light.-whatever!

After reading the message about the imploding gas tank I'm a little nervouse to drive to the mechanic, because I have heard these weird noises from the back (maybe one or two little noises (sometimes) time I drive it, but it's metalic sounding).

thanks in advance for any help!

Reply to
sherwood

"sherwood" wrote