2002 Wont Start and the Battery is Goog

My daughter let the fuel tank of my 2002Ford Focus become almost empty. She got enough fuel to bring it up halfway. The car started but stopped 2 or 3 blocks later and then it wouldnt start (the battery is
good.) Someone told me that if you allowed the fuel level od that car so low that it would refuse to start. When I try to crank the engine it sounds normal but just wont start. I want to know if that is true for that car and if theres anything that could do myself to correct the problem and not have to pay a towing fee to have it towed. Please inform me. Thank you.
"Tiko" wrote: > My daughter let the fuel tank of my 2002Ford Focus become > almost empty. She got enough fuel to bring it up halfway. The > car started but stopped 2 or 3 blocks later and then it > wouldn't start (the battery is good.) Someone told me that if > you allowed the fuel level od that car so low that it would > refuse to start. When I try to crank the engine it sounds > normal but just won't start. I want to know if that is true > for that car and if there's anything that could do myself to > correct the problem and not have to pay a towing fee to have > it towed. Please inform me. Thank you.
well it sounds like the starter is still good, so I would start with the fuel filters, then move to the fuel pump. you can ofcourse check spark, etc on the off chance something else is wrong.

does the fuel pump run when you switch ignition on (but not crank)?

Be sure to check the fuel pump reset.
I'd be worried about trash in the tank clogging the filter. Bad gas (water in the gas) is also a possibility. Is there any chance she put diesel fuel in the car? I saw a lady trying to do that yesterday (by accident).
Ed