2003 Explorer A/C problem

Have a '03 Ford Explorer (NBX). Last week I noticed that when the AC/ heater is on, air comes out of the dash vents no matter what I select on the instrument panel (floor, defrost, etc, etc...). Air also comes
out of the correct vents, but always the dash vents.
Any ideas?

Sounds to me like a sticking mode door and its not closing completely one way or the other.