2003 F150 clutch problem

Is it reasonable to lose a clutch in a 2003 F-150 supercab with 18,000 miles on it ? The Ford dealer is refusing to replace the clutch under warranty. This is mostly a highway
vehicle with a V6.
This vehicle had the clutch hydraulic line fail at 2,000 miles because the factory forgot to secure the line to the firewall. The clutch hydraulic line was resting on one of exhaust headers and burst due to the heat. The dealer assured me at the time that the clutch was OK. I think that they are wrong and that they did not check it.
Thanks, Lynn

Turns out that the clutch is OK. The slave hydraulic cylinder for the clutch was leaking. They replaced that and the pressure plate and the throwout bearing under warranty.
Lynn