2003 F250 4x4 shifting question

Hi all.. i recently bought an F250 2003 4x4.. I LOVE IT
I have a question on the way it shifts (AUTO TRANS)... if im going up a hill and it shifts to 2nd I notice the rpm's go up to 3500 then after its
pulling a little they drop a few hundred rpms.. but i know it didnt shift.
What is this.. my fathers ranger does the same thing?
Some way the trucks or transmisions are designed?
Thanks, Ken
snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net says...

It's the torque convertor locking up. Perfectly normal.
oh very well .. thank you!
Phew!
Kenny
says...