2003 F250 4x4 shifting question

Hi all.. i recently bought an F250 2003 4x4.. I LOVE IT

I have a question on the way it shifts (AUTO TRANS)... if im going up a hill and it shifts to 2nd I notice the rpm's go up to 3500 then after its pulling a little they drop a few hundred rpms.. but i know it didnt shift.

What is this.. my fathers ranger does the same thing?

Some way the trucks or transmisions are designed?

Thanks, Ken

Reply to
Mercury

It's the torque convertor locking up. Perfectly normal.

Reply to
John Alt

oh very well .. thank you!

Phew!