2003 F250 Speaker Upgrade??

Hello all.... Am considering upgrading my speakers on my 2003 F250 Super Duty SuperCab

I like the sound the factory speakers provide however I want more bass i suppose. Also the speakers are located below the people in the car so sound seems to favor my feet rather then my ears.

I currently have a Sony CDX-MP40 Head unit (MP3 CD) I have the factory speakers in the truck right now.

I was wondering if anybody replaced only the front and rear speakers? If so what size and type... I would like to review them. I have already looked at crutchfield but sometimes another persons opinion is all I need to make a decision.

I am NOT Interested in getting a kicker box or a tube or anything... I use mhy truck I dont need a tube to take up extra space. Just looking for some better speakers then the factory ones. I notice when I really crank the head unit the speakers sound like their cracking... this may be a lack of power from the head unit too i am not sure.

Anyway... crutchfield has some nice speakers, though they dont make it clear how they will install either... I think when i get my truck back from the body shop Ill remove the door panels and see how the speakers go in.

Thank you all for reading and I hope to have a few good responses... I am sure somebody changed out their speakers in one of their newer trucks like this one.

Thanks, Kenny

Reply to
Kenny

This is probably not a lack of power.... my guess is it's too much power for the speakers to handle, and distortion occurs.

Nic

Reply to
Robotnik

aye ok.... I am kenny from a different location..

anyway any suggestions on speakers to use... i am getting my truck back soon from the body shop.. i looked at it today it looks like brand new!

Im glad

Reply to
Mercury