2003 Ford Mustang help!

Someone recently tried to steal the rims off my mustang. Once they couldn't get the rims without the rim lock, they decided to steal the whole car. They
couldn't "jimmy" the doors, so they cut a whole in my convertible top and got in that way. They ripped down my rear view mirror, which now will not work. Does anyone know if there is a sequence to reconnect the mirror and get it to work properly?"
Please help!
ms mustang