2003 Ford Ranger stereo question

Hello all..I have a 2003 Ranger and am currently updating the stereo from the factory stock AM/FM radio to a CD player someone gave me...There are no rear speakers in my pickup but I was wondering if
wiring exists for some already....When I was looking it all over yesterday I noticed that wires for rear speakers leave the back of the radio in the harness but when I took the back speaker covers off and reached around down in there no wires were back there...My question is..Where do the wires intended for rear speakers go which are on the existing wiring harness?....Since no rear speakers were installed at the factory is it possible they are just tucked out of the way somewhere back in that area?...I could probably start taking stuff apart and find out but I`m hoping someone might have run across this before and I can save the time..Thanks in advance
I don't remember,, its been a while,,, but if worse comes to worse, Run new wires forward to the radio opening and tap on to the them there.