2003 Ford Ranger XLT Rear Suspension

I've noticed the left rear suspension is lower than the right rear by apprx. 1/2" when I measure the distance from the center of wheel well to the floor on level ground. I've used the vehicle to move things but never
overloaded it to make the suspension sag on one side. I purchased this vehicle new & have not abused it. Would anyone in this forum know if their is supposed to be a spacer or some kind of shim between the leaf spring and differential unit where it's secured together with u-bolts. appreciate some feedback. Thanks.
Just a thought, but did you check the tire pressures before you made the measurements? An over or underinflated tire on one side could cause a difference in ride height.
Sharky

The gas tank is on the left side, how full was the tank when you measured?