2003 ford taurus

the car jerks in any gear under load . i replaced the fuel filter. the car runs and shifts great on flat roads being easy on the gas

olmantoo wrote:

Sounds like an ignition miss. Most likely plugs and wires will fix it. How many miles since your last tune up? You can try just plugs first if you like but good wires aren't that expensive anymore. I just put some of the lifetime ones from autozone on my taurus for about $30. (same problem btw)Oh, and don't get boshe platnium plugs, alot of people say they suck. I personally have no experiance with them but I get just regular plugs anyway.

Illumination:
The engine needs double plats... but use Motorcraft or Autolite... not Bosch.
you pay..DEAL with it!