2003 Mustang Cobra - Oil leak

My 2003 Cobra recently developed an engine oil leak that I haven't been able to track down. It is leaking from the front of the engine near the power steering pump, but it is engine oil, not power steering fluid. It only seems to leak when it is cold outside (30-40 degrees F. or colder) and only a few tablespoons for the first 30 seconds or so after startup, then it stops and doesn't leak again until the car completely cools down (overnight). Any ideas where the oil might be coming from?

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Steve J

I would look closely at the oil filter adapter to block gasket.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

Yes, the adapter gasket, a common problem on 4.6L engines. See:

Sharon Cooke

Thanks, I'll check it.

Reply to
Steve J