2003 Navigator air suspension

Hi,

The air suspension compressor on my 2003 navigator is getting very loud. It seems to be vibrating much harder. I checked it and it was mounted to the frame tightly, but seems to float on the bracket. I figure this is correct. It runs for about 15 seconds when the engine is first started, then every now and then while driving. The truck has 70,000 miles on it. Do you think the compressor is about to fail? The ride seems a bit harder too. Any ideas are welcome! From what I can tell, Lincoln changed the air suspension system in 2003... I wonder if they changed the air compressor too?

Thanks,

Ken

Reply to
Ken

I know on the older models you can replace the bracket and bushings for an updated 1

Ask your dealer if that is possible on yours

Do not replace compressor because usually its only the bracket and hardware that comes with it

Reply to
johanb

Thanks,

I will check into it.

Ken

johanb wrote:

Reply to
Ken

I'd suggest joining the Expedition Owner's Mailing list and asking your question there. I don't have air suspension, but lots of people who belong to the list do, and there is a lot of chatter about problems and fixes for the system. See

. I believe aftermarket replacement compressors are readily available at a much lower price than from Ford. Strutmasters
is one name I have seenmentioned. However, since I don't have air suspension, I can't vouch forthis supplier. Others may. Regards,

Ed White

Reply to
C. E. White

Hi Ed,

All very good suggestions. I did some research yesterday. The updated Ford bracket was priced around 100.00 bucks at the dealer. A little less at another dealer. I looked at Strutmasters and Arnott Inc. Then of course I checked Ebay. :-) Well Arnott sells on Ebay as well as through their web site. I went the Ebay route and paid a little more for next day air. I checked the tracking and it is on the truck to be delivered today. They also told me that it would fit the 2003 Navigator.

Here is their link for anyone interested:

Anyway, for just an extra 80 bucks, I am going to replace the compressor and drier as well as the bracket. They include some new rubber parts to reduce noise. We shall see...

Thanks, Ken

Reply to
Ken