2003 Taurus and Burning Smell

I have 18,000 miles on a 2003 Taurus. I have taken it back to the dealer 3 times because of a burning smell (like burning rubber). The first time they
said the oil filter came loose and I was smellin oil. The second time they said a plastic bag was stuck onto the catalytic converter, but they cleaned it off. The third time they said they cleaned the rest of the bag off the converter. The smell is still there as strong as ever. Can anyone give me any advice?
Dabman wrote:

times because of a burning smell (like burning rubber). The first time they said the oil filter came loose and I was smellin oil. The second time they said a plastic bag was stuck onto the catalytic converter, but they cleaned it off. The third time they said they cleaned the rest of the bag off the converter. The smell is still there as strong as ever. Can anyone give me any advice?i had a new ford(back in 99) a crown vic.. and there was a plastic bag, well alot of them on the street, the kind you would see on cotton candy, etc. there was a street parade in the area.. well the bag or bags got under the car and the plastic melted and i had to smell it all night long.... had this smell for three days..i took it to our fleet shop and they pulled most of it off, alot of it was in areas that they could not get to... i guess it burned itself off as the car was used on a 24 hr. basis by all the shifts... it a few days for the odor to really go away... if it had been my personal car ( i dont put that much mileage on it so it might take a month for the plastic to burn off?????)......
In article <1c17c8b2e0864392cb44daed4633cbd3

times because of a burning smell (like burning rubber). The first time they said the oil filter came loose and I was smellin oil. The second time they said a plastic bag was stuck onto the catalytic converter, but they cleaned it off. The third time they said they cleaned the rest of the bag off the converter. The smell is still there as strong as ever. Can anyone give me any advice? There could be something stuck on TOP of the converter, or someplace along the exhaust system. Also, if your converter is overheating, you could be burning the carpeting (or more likely the padding underneath it) in your car. It runs underneath the hump going down the center of the car.
Read my Taurus oil filter post.
This is what I smell after I come to a stop. The oil is burning off of the hot exhaust and engine block and coming through the vents. These cars may very well have a problem that Ford needs to address.
Bill