2003 taurus door opens automatically?

During bad weather yesterday I slid off of the road in my 2003 Ford Taurus, and during the slide into a ditch my passenger side (Front) door opened and was crushed on impact (we were now going backwards).
Does anyone know why this would happen? Has Ford has any problems with the electronic doors opening on there own? Can anyone shed some light on this problem? Thankfully neither I myself nor my 2 passengers were hurt badly. Thanks in advance.
My guess is when you slid off the road into the ditch the unibody flexed somewhat and the door jamb striker and door latch became seperated allowing the door to swing open.
Your passenger didn't pull on the door handle by any chance?
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

The striker would show it, it would be destroyed. Bet there's no discernable damage to either the striker or the latch

Think about it, that's very likely ...and the passenger wouldnt even recall grabbing it!
you pay..DEAL with it!