2003 truck 4WD squeky

Hi all... i noticed when I put my 3wd in on my 2003 SD F250 it seems that the front hubs have a medium to high pictched squel when moving slowly.. its not loud but is audible.
When i go over 2 mph the sound is not audible.. i hear it when backing up slow ly or foward.
I also notice if i take it out of 4wd and do not back up that the sound stays there.
If i back up after going back to 2wd then the sound goes away... is this just suqey hubs? or should i have ford look at this?>
Ken