2003 vs 2004 Focus

I know that the Focus is a small, inexpensive car but it is what I'll be getting for a new driver in the household.
With having seen many discussions on recalls in 2001 and 2002, was 2003 a
lot better and is 2004? Significantly better than 2003 to disregard it??
Thanks, Larry
The current Focus is one of the most highly recommend vehicles, in any class, not only its own. The earlier Focus did have numerous recalls, but they were minor and few vehicles were effected.
mike hunt
Larry B wrote:

Are there any significant differences between 2003, 4 and 05?
Thanks, Larry

See
http://www.downsford.com/order_guides/2005%20Focus%20Order%20Guide.pdf
and
http://www.downsford.com/order_guides/2004%20Focus%20Order%20Guide.pdf
Regards.
Ed White
Larry B wrote:

The 2005 his significant differences. New interior, engine, styling and with a 100K warranty.
mike hunt
Larry B wrote:

Yeah...the styling is better IMO.

I was on Ford's site checking out the Focus. I didn't see any reference to the 100K warranty. Did I miss it somehow? I have been wanting to look at the little wagon, however concerned about these cars being a longterm vechicle. So I am interested in following any discussion here about them.
--
Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
"Paul O." wrote:

I'm looking at the ZXW as well, and for the same reason. The 100k/5yr warranty they're referring to comes on the 2005 and it covers powertrain only.
If you pick up a brochure for the 2005 from your dealer, you'll find a reference to the warranty on page 2.
snipped-for-privacy@hatespam.gov says...

The 05 have been restyled, but is still using the same platform. It's not using the new platform of the European Focus or the Mazda 3 and new Volvo S40.
The 2.0L (was Zetec, now named Duratec) is standard on most except the sporty ST. The ST has a 2.3L, but is manual only.

The 2.0L Duratec engines for 2005 are different from the 2.0L SPI and Zetec engines used for 2000-2004.
Timothy J. Lee
says...

Thanks for all of your help!
Lar