2003 Windstar Owners - Are You Happy With Your Purchase?

We are considering a 2003 Windstar to replace our 98 Windstar. The 98 Windstar was a pretty much trouble free vehicle until this year. I would prefer to drive it for a few more years, but I know it needs a
transmission rebuild, and it has a slow coolant leak which the mechanic has not been able to locate. I am concerned that the coolant leak may have the timing cover leak that can only be repaired by removng the engine.
So what do you 2003 Windstar owners have to say about your vans. Has it been a good vehicle for you?

I know the van loses coolant every 1000 - 1500 miles. A pressure test of the cooling system did not reveal any leaks. How does one determine if the timing cover is the source of the problem?
The car needs a transmission rebuild. If it has the timing cover leak, I would have both done at the same time.
How do I determine if it has the timing cover leak?
Do a pressure test
mike hunt

snipped-for-privacy@email.toast.net wrote:

How MUCh coolant?
I know some on here will say different but I've never had a ford since they went to the closed system, that hasnt lost a few oz every 1000 miles or so.
you pay..DEAL with it!

I wasn't paying attention. Maybe 1/2 gallon of coolant?
I'm going to get the oil analyzed to see if it contains coolant. That will tell me for sure if the 1998 has a major problem.
One person had mentioned the seats were uncomfortable in the 2003 Windstar that they had rented. I tried the Windstar replacement, the Ford Freestar. In my short test drive, those seats seemed to be really uncomfortable.
Any other comments on the 2003 Windstars?