2003 Windstar speedo error

Thought the speedo was a little off, so when the passenger seat latch recall came, I asked the dealer to look at it. This is from the invoice:
" As per service message 16491, a variance of 7 percent is considered normal
wonder if this is how Ford meets the CAFE? 60 is really 55? Sure, I can work around it, but jeez...
http://home.att.net/~damonhynes /
L'altra macchina mia e` una barchetta rossa