2004 Ford Escape

Pardon me if this has already been asked, but when will the 2004 Ford Escapes start hitting the dealer lots? I'm considering a 2003 model, and was wondering when the new models will be out.

Thanks!

Mort Shuman

Reply to
Mort and Pam Shuman

Rich

Watch out for the OEM tires on the Escape.

Continental/General has already had a RECALL on the Grabber AW on the Expedition, and maybe the ones on the Escape are next.

I just had one blowout for no reason (other than sidewll separation) at 15,500 miles, and Ford just wants to hide its head in the sand, rather than see if maybe it's Ford Explorer/Firestone all over again with General tires.

I can't recommend buying a car from a company that wont stand behind its product.

Reply to
Ima

Luckily I found Michelin X one tires that were same size as my OEMs. P225/70/15. Since no one does Cross Terrain driving, and we've had snow twice since creation down in South Texas, I dont need tires rated for off-road.

I'll never buy another vehicle without Michelins.

Reply to
Ima

Actually, 'Cross Terrain' is just a brand name, they're really street tires, much more so than the Wilderness HTs they replaced (and surely responsible for the smooth ride!).

Well, most of the time you don't have a choice, though amusingly I've seen a LOT of new Explorers at my local Ford dealer coming in with Michelins. Go figure. I agree, BTW, I'm counting down the days when I can dump the horrible Bridgestones that came on my Nissan...

Reply to
Rich