2004 Freestar Window Motor Problem

I have a 2004 Freestar and the Drivers' side Window motor has failed. I've taken the door all the way down to where I can access the Window motor to replace it. But, for the life of of me, it looks like it pop-rivited in.

I inadvertently removed the motor from the rest of the unit, not all the way - dropped it down about an inch, thinking to just replace the motor without replacing the whole unit. Looked at it, and said "oops, better not do that" and put it back together. After reassembleming the Door, it does seem to work now. But, for how long, i don't know. I'd hate to spend a tremendous amout of money for a $40 window motor.

Is there a replacement procedure for this motor that I can do w/o having to remove the entire window lift system and drill out the rivets? Or am I looking at this wrong?

Dave

Reply to
Dave