2004 Mondeo TDCi Zetec

I am in the UK and have just bought a six month old Mondeo Zetec.
I have also recently got a Sat Nav system that works on my mobile... but since getting the new car have had some problems getting a decent signal on
the GPS receiver. It worked fine in my old car - a Peugeot 406.
Can anyone give me any advice? Is this maybe because of the Quickclear windscreen, and would an aerial for the GPS be useful?
Thanks in advance.

That's very likely. What chipset does the GPS receiver use, what's the unit? Some chipsets don't work through QuickClear (ours does, fortunately).
--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

Had a similar problem with a TOM TOM sat nav unit and found the heated screen to be the problem. I located the unit at the bottom right hand side if the screen where there are no wires and it works fine now. Give it a try.
Rory
rory wrote:

I got marginal operation with my TomTom placed like that in a Mondeo. I think the "A " pillar was obscuring too much sky. I have fitted a remote aerial, which is inside the tailgate, held in place against the glass by the plastic trim. Operation is much improved.
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk