2004 Mustang Mach 1

I am seriously contemplating on purchasing a 2004 Mustang Mach 1. Black is my favorite color as every vehicle I've purchased in the last twenty years has been black. As many may be well aware, the black Mustang Mach 1's have black stripes, which do not show up very well.

I have heard an unsubstanciated rumor that Ford is changing the stripes on the black Mach 1's to either white or silver. Upon visiting the Ford Vehicles web site, when you click on the color choice "black" for the Mach 1, the ligher color stripes appear. This wasn't the case several weeks ago as the black Mach 1 appeared solid black.

There is a local dealer that has a 2004 Mach 1 that is black on black. Also every black 2003 Mach 1 I saw had black stripes.

If anyone can put some validity to the rumor of the color of the stripes changing on the black 2004 Mustang Mach 1's will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Davïd Greenville, NC

Reply to
Ðavïd

I'm not sure if it is the case with the Mach 1, but if you will check a Ford 'Dealer Order Guide' you will find striping on a given exterior color is generally determined by the interior color. Check with a dealer before you order your car, as to availability, WBMA

mike hunt

"Ðavïd" wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

Bit off-topic - why not get a mint condition classic Mach 1 instead?

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

Some reasons might be that the new one will run rings around the old, be safer, better built and it will start every time and be much better on fuel. ;)

mike hunt

Joseph Oberlander wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

Strange that my source for the silver stripe rumor was a salesman at a local Ford dealership; the one with a black on black 2004 Mustang Mach 1. He said when ordered the car, he expected the Mach 1 to have silver stripes and was surprised to see black stripes when the car arrived.

My source for the white stripe rumor is a friend whom said he read it in Car And Driver magazine. I don't read Car And Driver and haven't heard anyone else say they read about the Mach 1 stripes color changing on the black exterior.

On the 2004 Mach 1, the only interior color available is charcoal.

Davïd Greenville, NC

Reply to
Ðavïd

There was a time when a Ford dealer could order a vehicle and by inserting the '4Q' (paint deviation) code, in the option section of the order form, he could order ANY color combination that was available on that vehicle line. In other words is they offered a red interior trim he could order a red interior with any color exterior, even say blue. Not so today, the stripe that comes on the outside is determined by the interior color and is restricted. If you ordered a white car with a red interior the stripe could be ordered in say red or back but it can not be ordered in green. today even if the dealer ordered a green stripe, the car would be built with the red or black strip that the factory decided to put on then car. Again I suggest you simply ask the Sales Manager what color stripes are available which which interior on the vehicle you want. He will tell you and if they only come in black he can tell you that as well, it is really that simple..

mike hunt

"Ðavïd" wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2