2005 Crown Vic LX Sport

Just picked up a 2005 LX Sport... As the previous owner of a 1996 and 2001 Grand Marquis LS (both with Sport suspension and handling packages) I rate them as
- 2005 is definitely top dog - 1996 next best performer - 2001 was nice... but
Ford has done an awesome job refining the platform
I agree. Keep in mind that your Crown Vic is the last of the *True Detroit American V8 Metal* The Ford Crown Victoria is the very last Automobile on the market offered with a V8, full body on chasis, rear wheel drive w/solid rear axle.
Tried and true technology that is as refined as they get in year 2005. This type of plateform has come a very long way, and has been around for a very long time.
No secret why many are used as fleet vehicles for taxis, police, fire, etc. These vehicles are ment to be tough - rock solid autos. They are the work-horses of the modern North American society as we know it.
Fred Du Buron wrote:

You lucky dog...!
Rob
P.S. Now drive it over to Kenny Brown's to get the P2 Panther upgrade!