2005 Escape 4x4

Is there a way that I can engange the 4x4. I know that it is computer controlled but how do I know that it is working?
Another question. My escape has 1 105 MPH speed regulator. How can i
deactivate it
thanks

Drive it off a tall cliff ?
Lynn
Mingo opined in

1. When it doesnt tell you it isnt
2. I have a good idea but I certainly hope you get carjacked before you find out... for even THINKING about going faster than 105 in an Escape you deserve to get severly maimed... before you do it to someone else, you freakin idiot!