2005 Escape Ltd Ingition Key Lockout Problem

Hi All: I have a 2005 Escape Ltd,and occassionaly the key in the ignition won't turn. When you put the key in and try to turn it, it's as though the wrong key was used. After several minutes of jiggling it
and cursing, it finally gives in an turns. I seem to recall that someone mentioned that this could be the chip inside the key causing a "lockout". Is this possible or is it just a crappy lock cylinder that I should make Ford replace because it's under warranty.
Also, if it is an electronic probelm, that should also be looked at too. Anyone here know about this problem?

Does it happen with both keys? Does it happen with either side of the key?
--
---
Turn the steering wheel slightly, most likely the wheels are slightly turned and binding the steering wheel lock.

It seems to happen with all three keys that I have. Jiggling and turning the steering wheel doesn't seem to help. I think I may have posted either here or somewhere else about this and someone said to use a lock lubricant. I'm trying to avoid that on a new car. M
On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:12:56 -0500, "pick one" <try again!> wrote:

I still think you ought to bring it in while the warranty is good. It seems to be getting worse since your last post. SC Tom

You are correct, Tom, I should stop fussing with it and get it fixed.