2005 Escape xlt stereo problem

I notice when I turn the volume up past 5. After approx 10 minutes the high and midtones seem to fade out. It leaves this washed our bass sound. If I turn off the stereo it works, but again only for a few minutes. I took the car to Ford. They gave me the same car to drive while mine was being looked at. The same problem in the loaner. Anyone else experience this issue???

Thanks,

Steve

Reply to
oasis0430