2005 Escape xlt stereo problem

I notice when I turn the volume up past 5. After approx 10 minutes the high and midtones seem to fade out. It leaves this washed our bass sound. If I turn off the stereo it works, but again only for a few minutes. I took the
car to Ford. They gave me the same car to drive while mine was being looked at. The same problem in the loaner. Anyone else experience this issue???