2005 Expedition pulsing brakes

I am getting a light pulsing when I press on my brakes above 30 mph in my 2005 Expedition with 9000 miles. I visually looked at all my rotors thru the wheels but they all "looked" ok.

Dealer time ?

Thanks, Lynn

Reply to
Lynn

Yes.... the conditions that create the pulsing pedal feel can be difficult to measure with specialized measuring devices..... they aren't something anyone would be able to see with the naked eye.

HTH

Reply to
Jim Warman

Since it's a 2005 with 9K miles, it must be on warranty. I guess the question you're really asking is, "Should they be doing this?" The ansswer is "no."

So, take it back and make sure they fix it to your satisfaction.

Reply to
dh

Message from dh written on 2/4/2006 3:23 PM:

Brakes are typically excluded from warranty, aren't they?

My guess is that someone over-torqued the lug bolts at the last tire rotation and warped the rotors.

Reply to
jcr

Warped rotors, especially at this low mileage are covered.... brake linings, generally, are not unless it is a part defect (not wear).

Reply to
Jim Warman

Will do, thanks.

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn

Really? I thought the specialized measuring devices made easier to measure thet things that might cause a pulsing pedal feel.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I feel sure he meant to say "withOUT specialized meas..."--like runout gauges/dials. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

Jim, hope you are right; however, just a short time back, I couldn't get even Cadillac rotors turned/trued under warranty, and I was selling 15-16 current and one-year-old Caddies per week with under 20K miles on them. Was told If I'd take them back and knock a chunk off them with a hammer, they'd replace them then! s

Reply to
sdlomi2

Thanks for the clarification.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Warped rotors are not always the cause of pedal pulsation. Lining transfer to a spot on the rotor can do the same thing, as can problems with the front hubs, tires, or wheels.