2005 Focus vibration

My wife's 2005 Focus (67K miles) vibrates when idling. It feels as if you can feel the individual cylinders firing in the steering wheel, the shifter
etc. It is fairly pronounced when the engine is cold, but seems to abate somewhat when it warms up. It seems to have started right after I had it to the Ford place for servicing 2 years ago. The dealer went under right afterwards. I don't have a manual and I DO NOT trust the new Ford dealer to diagnose and cultivate this gold mine.
Does the Focus have a MAP relay and could that be the cause ?
Any ideas would be welcome before I let Ford Service suck my wallet dry (again).
Hagar

there are plenty of independent shops that have the equipment to diag. your problem if you don`t trust the dealer. ask around for a recomendation and go there. KB